So today I turn 29. Happy Birthday to me! I do love my birthday but I am starting to feel a little bit anxious about saying goodbye to my twenties. They’ve been pretty good to me – sure there have been ups and downs but the late twenties has had more ups than downs and I want to keep it that way. Being in my thirties means I’m edging closer to babies and responsibility. It’s a teeny, tiny bit scary.
So I thought I would try and give myself some perspective by putting together a list of things I want to achieve in my life and take the pressure off achieving them all by the time I’m 30.
- Get married. Easy, got this one booked in for next year. Boom!
2. Get the house looking just as we like. Bathroom, hallway and kitchen are all on the hit list.
3. Finish reading Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up…
4. …and actually implement the ideas – de-clutter for life!
5. Make a dentist appointment check up at least once a year – a little one, but when I think about how long it is since I last went, it is slightly depressing.
6. Get down to my goal weight. Bring it on.
7. Drink two litres of water a day. Every day. Bye bye eye bags!
8. Continue exercising even after I become a Mrs – a fit body is for life, not just for your wedding.
9. Continue saving even after the wedding and honeymoon.
10. Fill a passport with stamps – this has always been a life goal and I am SO CLOSE!
11. Visit Indonesia – pencilled in for 2017. The last big beast of a holiday before…
12. … having kids. (Arrrgggghhhhhh!) I’ve always seen myself as a Mum. It’s just a case of when.
13. Grow my self-confidence. I’ve always been self-critical and I think I always will be. But sometimes I deserve a pat on the back.
14. Be more discerning in my clothing purchases – I’ve always been quantity over quality but it’s not always the best route.
15. Chill out. Worry less. Ohmmmmm.
16. Stop using spending as an emotional crutch. Sad = buy stuff. Happy = buy stuff.
17. Be aware of my Resting Bitch Face. I wrote a post about this. The struggle is real.
18. Keep writing on here. I don’t have the greatest track record at keeping things going but this is different. I will prevail!
19. Know how to make myself happy. A constant journey, but super important.
20. Read more. Reading makes me happy. See point 19.
21. Read more books for work. I suck at reading non-fiction. Must get better.
22. Keep learning. Successes and failures are all part of the journey.
23. Be the best version of myself.
24. Be the best wife (eeeekkkkkk!) I can be to Andrew. N.B. this does not mean starting to put the hoover away.
25. Eat five portions of fruit and veggies a day. One of the basics.
26. Take more photographs that aren’t just for Instagram. It’s not all about selfies, it’s about remembering special and important moments in my life. Must document more.
27. See my friends and family more.
28. Remember how lucky I am to have the life I do.
29. Keep doing me.